Coming up in this episode
- A little podman
- Manifest v3
- More Browsers?
- And what do you know? More browsers
0:00 Cold Open
1:30 Giving Podman a Whirl
10:14 What's Wrong with a Few Boxes?
18:08 Browser Watch: Firefox 109
22:47 Browser Watch: Manifest v3 History
31:44 Browser Watch: A Little More Manifest v3
40:03 Browser Watch: The Chromium Scrolls
48:24 Browser Watch: A Fix to the Web
56:06 Feedback: Johnny and LinuxGameCast
58:51 Kid3 Turns 20
1:00:39 QR Codes for All!
1:05:22 Community Focus: ASUS NLC
1:09:41 App Focus: Gnome Web + Tangram
1:17:51 Next Time: CentOS
The video version:
- Give us a sub on YouTube
- You can watch us live on Twitch the day after an episode drops.
- If you like what we're doing here, make sure to send us a buck over at https://patreon.com/linuxuserspace
Firefox 109 brings manifest v3 support
Maniwhat, now? Version who?
- 2018, Google proposes Manifest v3.
- July 2019, The EFF notes.
- Then in September of 2019, Firefox responded to the Manifest v3 announcement.
- April 2020, Vivaldi, with version 3.0, debuts its ad and tracker blocker as a means to bypass the manifest v3 issue altogether.
- Brave had always had an ad blocker, but beefed up its performance and ability in 2019.
- November 2020, Google finalizes and publishes Manifest v3.
- December 2021, The EFF reminds us.
- uBlock Origin Lite exists.
- Want to have a topic covered or have some feedback? - send us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Moar Browser Watch
Chromium answers Leo's prayers! In 109, Linux scrolling seems to have been fixed.
- He complained about it in Season 2 Episode 16.
- The Bug. ### A fix to the web
- Brave's been blocking the cookie consent banners.
- Thanks Johnny (Aromatic Dev) for having the Linux Game Cast folks give us a shout.
A couple of other topics
- Kid3 turns 20
- DuckDuckGo instant answers can make QR codes too, just type
qr code WHATEVERe.g.
qr code https://linuxuserspace.show.
Catch these and other great topics as they unfold on our Subreddit or our News channel on Discord.
- Linux User Space subreddit
- Linux User Space Discord Server
- Linux User Space Telegram
- Linux User Space Matrix
- Linux User Space Twitch
- Linux User Space Mastodon
- Linux User Space Twitter
App Focus Gnome Web + Tangram
The history of CentOS, a few thoughts, and whatever else we can cram into the show*
Come back in two weeks for more Linux User Space
Stay tuned and interact with us on Twitter, Mastodon, Telegram, Matrix, Discord whatever. Give us your suggestions on our subreddit r/LinuxUserSpace Join the conversation. Talk to us, and give us more ideas. All the links in the show notes and on linuxuserspace.show.
We would like to acknowledge our top patrons. Thank you for your support!
- Eduardo S.
- Jill and Steve