Coming up in this episode
- Helping one helps the other
- A little off the beaten path
- The history of GeckoLinux
- And our experience
- What will we think of next?
0:00 Cold Open
1:35 Framasoft is Everywhere
5:41 Side Quest, Endeavour
10:03 Side Quest, Vanilla
19:04 GeckoLinux History 2001-2005
29:00 2022 - January 2023
34:49 Couple of Sam Things
45:14 How It Went
53:14 Side Quest, Catppuccin
55:00 Side Quest, Ghostwriter
1:00:00 Next Time
- Framasoft is the association behind both FreshRSS and Peertube
- Dan's been on EndeavourOS Cassini
- Leo's been trying out VanillaOS started by Mirko Brombin
- Dan's new favorite theme - Catppuccin Macchiato
- Give us a sub on YouTube
- You can watch us live on Twitch the day after an episode drops.
- If you like what we're doing here, make sure to send us a buck over at https://patreon.com/linuxuserspace
Gecko Linux the History
- November 13, 2015, the first release of GeckoLinux 421.15.1113.6 was announced
- Explaining the version number
- In December 2015, alongside Cinnamon, XFCE, Gnome and Budgie were added. In addition a BareBones edition. And a few days later Plasma, Mate, and LXQt get their first ISOs
- SUSE Studio Express
- Budgie put on ice for a while.
- Pantheon is added. AND the Budgie ROLLING and NEXT editions make a return.
- A vote for which default filesystem was held with btrfs winning. The same vote, but for the STATIC edition was held.
- Static will have a sunset in the future due to the change in LEAP
- Since that has happened yet GeckoLinux released after 15.4
- Want to have a topic covered or have some feedback? - send us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Catch these and other great topics as they unfold on our Subreddit or our News channel on Discord.
- Linux User Space subreddit
- Linux User Space Discord Server
- Linux User Space Telegram
- Linux User Space Matrix
- Linux User Space Twitch
- Linux User Space Mastodon
- Linux User Space Twitter
We will discuss a couple of topics and some feedback. Our next distro is CentOS
Come back in two weeks for more Linux User Space
Stay tuned and interact with us on Twitter, Mastodon, Telegram, Matrix, Discord whatever. Give us your suggestions on our subreddit r/LinuxUserSpace Join the conversation. Talk to us, and give us more ideas. All the links in the show notes and on linuxuserspace.show.
We would like to acknowledge our top patrons. Thank you for your support!
- Eduardo S.
- Jill and Steve