Coming up in this episode
- A little Musing on CDE
- A few answers from the man himself
- The history of XFce
- How it went
- And a new journey
0:00 Cold Open
1:29 Ask Olivier
20:04 Xfce History: In the Beginning (1996)
22:08 Enter XFce (1997)
24:47 The XForms Problem (1998)
25:56 The Third (1999)
29:32 The Fourth (2001-2015)
32:59 The Third, Again (2016-2023)
36:22 More Questions!
45:50 How'd Xfce Go?
1:02:25 Next Time
You can also watch on Youtube
This program was made possible by:
The History of Xfce
- Olivier Fourdan posted a question to a few newsgroups that got things started.
- XForms toolkit
- An early release announcement - 2.3.0
- Changelog for 2.4.0 which shows changes all the way back to the beginning.
- XFce 2.4 User Guide
- XFce 3.2 User Guide
- 2000 Interview - 10 Questions with Olivier Fourdan
- 2001 Interview
- XFce 4.0 announcement September 25th 2003
- xfce goes all lowercase
- 2007 Interview
- 2009 Linux Journal Interview
- 2009 Slashgear Interview
- 2017 Interview with Sean Davis
- Xfce 4.4 - 4.18
- Want to have a topic covered or have some feedback? - send us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org OR jump on over to the open forum on Lemmy
Catch all the great topics as they unfold on our Subreddit or our News channel on Discord or Lemmy.
- 🗞️ Linux User Space Lemmy
- 📰 Linux User Space subreddit
- ⌨️ Linux User Space Discord Server
- 📲 Linux User Space Telegram
- ✉️ Linux User Space Matrix
- 📽️ Linux User Space Twitch
- 🐘 Linux User Space Mastodon
- 📜 Linux User Space Twitter
- 📺️ Linux User Space TILVids
Some topics and feedback. Our next history exploration is the Gnome Desktop Environment.
Come back in two weeks for more Linux User Space
Stay tuned 📡 and interact with us on Lemmy, Twitter, Mastodon, Telegram, Matrix, Discord whatever. Give us your suggestions on our subreddit r/LinuxUserSpace Join the conversation. Talk to us, and give us more ideas. All the links in the show notes and on linuxuserspace.show.
We would like to acknowledge 🤩 our top patrons. Thank you 🙏 for your support!
- Eduardo S.
- Jill and Steve
- Musical Coder
- The Saigoneer