Episode 3:01: Total Community Protection
July 4th, 2022
1 hr 6 mins 18 secs
About this Episode
0:00 Cold Open
2:00 We're Open Source Denizens
15:58 Mozilla Watch (feat. Brave)
33:02 OMG OOMD
48:51 Community Focus: The Postmarket OS Podcast
52:25 App Focus: Amberol
1:02:30 Next Time: Ubuntu
1:04:16 Thank you
Coming up in this episode
- We'll chat on the deck
- Watch some Mozilla
- Drop some cookies for season 3
- and listen to some blurry tunes
- Changes to the show.
- Introducing "Community Focus"
- Distro history will be on even numbered episodes
- What do you think of TilVIDs
- Give us a sub on YouTube
- You can watch us live on Twitch the day after an episode drops.
Mozilla (Browser?) Watch
- Total Cookie Protection
- Better mic support in 101
- Firefox 102
- This release will be the new ESR as the current Firefox 91 ESR goes EOL 9/20/22
- De-AMP with Brave
- Want to have a topic covered or have some feedback? - send us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SystemD OOMD service
- The reddit thread that started the conversation
- SystemD OOMD nukes your applications
- SystemD OOMD is getting fixed?
- Canonical's Nick Rosbrook has opened a PR
- For reference Fedora enabled OOMD in F34
- Fedora had a couple of issues like this and this too.
Catch these and other great topics as they unfold on our Subreddit or our News channel on Discord.
- Linux User Space subreddit
- Linux User Space Discord Server
- Linux User Space Telegram
- Linux User Space Matrix
**We will discuss Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and the history.
Come back in two weeks for more Linux User Space
Stay tuned and interact with us on Twitter, Mastodon, Telegram, Matrix, Discord whatever. Give us your suggestions on our subreddit r/LinuxUserSpace Join the conversation. Talk to us, and give us more ideas. All the links in the show notes and on linuxuserspace.show.
We would like to acknowledge our top patrons. Thank you for your support!
- Jill and Steve