0:00 Cold Open
1:39 Dan's Social Soapbox
11:17 A Little More on NixOS
23:14 Nate on Audacity
25:02 Viruses, Trojans and Malware, Oh my!
42:22 Peering Through the Steam
55:45 Leo's Crazy About Chromium
1:15:23 App Focus: Apostrophe
1:27:32 Next Time: MX Linux
Coming up in this episode
- Dan hops up on the Soapbox.
- We expand on nothing.
- Is Linux vulnerable?
- We peer through the Steam.
- Microsoft is buying a snow storm.
- Leo is crazy about Chromium?
- Our plug prys with a crowbar.
- We mind our p's and q's.
Banter - Dan's Social Soapbox
- Recent Linux After Dark episode
- Danielle Fore's tweet that inspired my soapbox moment.
- Our episode last season on toxicity
- And a follow-up where we interviewed Stuart Langridge
- Just be excellent to one another!
- Reddit thread that contains a great follow-upfrom Jon Ringer the release manager. Unfortunately it was after we recorded this episode. DO READ.
- Nix in a professional setting
- More about Nix in a professional setting
- Using Nix as a professional by Marty Henderson
- NixOS commercial support services
- This article came out after our show
- Built With Nix
- Roadmap and release cycle
- request for comment (RFC)
Linux is VULNERABLE!!11!1ONE1!
- Intezer, last year, reported
- ClamAV is the answer? It is really geared more toward mail gateways as is Amavis
- Microsoft Defender? That isn't really ready for the desktop yet.
- Possibly Sophos
- Norton 360 can mine
- NortonLifeLock group aquired Avira Antivirus
Steamdeck making huge progress ahead of general release
- Battleye Anti-Cheat support was rolled out
- Easy Anti-Cheat is supported
- If you reserved a spot, watch your email!
- cloud saves in Steam will sync between PC and Steam Deck
Microsoft acquires Blizzard
Scrolling in Chromium
- THE won't fix Bug
- Crowbar Kernel Panic
- Linux User Space subreddit
- Email us - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linux User Space Discord Server
- Our Matrix room
- Support us at Patreon
- Join us on Telegram
- Follow us on Twitter
- Watch us on YouTube
- Check out our website
We wrap up our thoughts on NixOS
Join us in two weeks when we return to the Linux User Space
Stay tuned on Twitter, Telegram, Matrix, Discord whatever. Give us your suggestions on our new subreddit r/LinuxUserSpace Join the conversation. Talk to us, and give us more ideas.
We would like to acknowledge our top patrons. Thank you for your support!
- Jill and Steve
- Matt W.